As a follow up to the presentation I made at last weeks Plymouth Enhanced Learning Conference (PELeCON) with Sue Beckingham this infographic is worth a couple of minutes to look over.
Some interesting figures from the graphic:
- Europe accounts for over 34 million members (6 million in the UK alone) and India 11 million.
- 2011: 4.2 billion searches on the LinkedIn platform.
- LinkedIn now has over 2,116 employees (up from 500 in 2010).
- The fastest growing demographics are students and recent college graduates.
- Revenues for 2011 reached $522 million.
- 75 of the Fortune 100 use LinkedIn for “corporate hiring solution”.
If we can give our students an edge when they apply for the same jobs as others by helping them use social networks, like LinkedIn, professionally and effectively then the student looks good, and so does the Institution they are coming from. What do you think?
What are you doing with your students to help them use social networks so they work for them, not against?
There are some more excellent infographics on Jeff Bullas’ blog (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+), check them out.