I’m really looking forward to our upgrade to Blackboard version 9 this summer. I’ve had a play on the BB development website (last year!) and on the test server here at BU, and I want to like it … I really do!
So, do I like it? I’m not sure yet, and I want to be fair to the system and the people who have worked, and are continuing to work tirelessly, to get it installed, configured, and integrated with our internal systems.
In the meantime I’m going to post a series of links and resources I find about Blackboard version 9 here, the good and the bad (I haven’t found any ugly ones yet, but a few of the bad ones are fairly damning!).
- University of Syracuse: BB9 Testing Issues:
- University of Leicester: BB9 YouTube video guides for staff:
- University of Leicester: Blackboard Staff Development:
- Hack College: Blackboard 9 ‘enough is enough’ (and some interesting comments from staff and students):
- Leiden University: Log of Upgrade from BB7 to BB9:
- Kentucky Community College: Issue and Bug ‘fixes’ for BB9:
- Keith Russell: BB9 the next generation:
- Getting started with BB9:
If you have any links or resources you’d like to add to the list then please email me and I’ll include them (with your name as referral) or just leave a comment with the details below and I’ll publish it.
Either way I am interested to hear from all types of users of Blackboard, whether you are using the current version 9.1 or anything previous to this, whether you love or hate it (but please say why otherwise it is a little pointless!).