It shouldn’t be difficult to set boundaries between work and home. But it is and it’s not been helped by having them both in the same space (literally) for the last 2 years.
So, here’s what you should do … and should be supported in doing too:
- Use your given and paid leave without feeling guilty.
- Decline to engage in work activity outside your normal working hours, unless agreed in advance.
- Close your door. Close Outlook, Teams, or Slack. Or put on headphones. Use it as a signal to others you need time to focus.
- Ask for help. Be able to say ‘no’ or ‘not at the moment’.
- Priotitise a healthy work/life balance.
- Speak up when you feel the boundaries have been crossed.
- This post is Day 52 of my #100DaysToOffload challenge. Want to get involved? Find out more at 100daystooffload.com